Announcement Time to part ways

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Time to part ways

These 7 or 8 months have been a lot of fun to us. We made new friends, we saw players having fun, we saw players raging, we saw players trolling, we saw and lived through a lot of things. This run had it's ups and downs, but we will proudly say we haven't a single regret.

Personally speaking, at first everything was weird, it was my first time in a free community and it is the most cancerous yet enjoyable community I've been in.
      The internet is no place for the weak and that is the pillar of this community, watching players harassing and bullying each other was a lot of fun to me, but jokes aside, everything was.
      I've made many friends that I won't forget (no promises) and many enemies but both are welcome to roam these boards for the next year.

To finish my writings in this thread, I'm happy that I've went through this experience, happy that I met all of you. Specially every (almost) staff member, you all are weird but amusing bunch, some came in some went out, but all were considered friends.

I hope you continue having fun wherever you play, feel free to continue using these forums.

Nexus going down till further notice, and always remember, Nexus #1.

will rise.
    • Heya guys,

Thanks to all who were a part of this community... even though I saw the end from miles away I still wanted to keep it a free community where everyone can have his own influence on the server.
      Nexus as a perfect world server officially dies today for the 3rd time but a different reason which makes it harder to re-appear again.

To me Nexus was never a failure, and never failed once. When I started the server I had no real knowledge about any kind of development.. I struggled with everything and had to learn stuff to keep few things under control... I liked developing for this community so much that I had to sacrifice my time to learn just to deliver something suitable to the needs.

Anyway, Thanks to Nexus I participated in a Hackathon that turned out to be a big international shot. Honestly when I first signed up I thought it's just a 24h challenge in my region, I gave my all and won that till later on the next week they called me to attend in the national challenge, I didn't take it seriously but still won, they sent me to Morocco to participate in African Hub's challenge and amazingly once again I won that and went to spain for final round which ended me up in 4th place. I'm proud to say that this is all would never happen without Nexus, without all of you, the community, the naggers, that enemies even the attackers.. You gave me this wonderful opportunity to build my career and now thanks to you all I'm a CEO of a Startup called "WisdomiaBay" and founder of a development company in Tunisia.

I'd like to pass an apology to whom who wanted to remain playing on the server even with no one around, we "had" enough funds raised to maintain the server online for 2 years till most of donators decided to charge back so there you have it.

Side note: Forums will stay around.

Regards,
      Striker
    • Swoon wrote:

"Nexus will never shut down no matter what. We're here to stay." yeah ok
      Will alone isn't enough to run a server. Striker cleared out the reason in his comment.

One of the major reasons of closing is the chargebacks. As for why we won't invest own money into expensive machinery is because it's not worth at this point. What we seek is fun out of the server, not profit and that is gone since weeks now. We're not some old dudes with no skills or jobs trying to make a living out of a private server.

will rise.
    • Hello everyone,
      I want to say that this was the best GM experience I've ever had until now,and I thank Striker and everyone else for letting me stay in this team until the end. The truth is.. we've had a lot of arguments and fights in our team,and not only that,but with players aswell. And besides all of that, I had a lot of fun hosting events and interviewing and mentoring new GMs,I had the chance to meet and deal with different kinds of people,I did learn a lot of things while being here from everyone. I did my best for this server,because I saw potential in it,I wanted to give people a good time while playing this game,and I hope I did. Maybe some of you think that us,GMs,hated you or still do for minor things. But we didn't and we don't,at least,not me. I love everyone and there is no such thing as hating anyone for me,not here.
      I hope everyone had a good time playing this server and a lot of fun,because our team did our best to keep everything in order and perfect.
      I want to thank again,Striker,for being a good friend and for giving me the opportunity to be first of all,a GM here,and a part of this big family.
      I thank Maroon(VandRalaus) for trusting me all the time with my decisions,even when I was new here. I want to thank him for being a good boss,manager,for giving me the chance to be a Head Game Master and a Vice Manager,for being a good e-date and a really good friend,and for so many other things.
      I thank the GMs that I had to mentor for trusting me and for listening to me whenever I had anything to say.
      I want to thank the other GMs and ex GMs for being my good friends and because they were always there for me.
      And a huge thank you to the whole community and to our dev team for being here for us,helping us,and for literally everything.
      Good bye Nexus :c.
      Да, детка, ты была права.
    • Diamond wrote:

Hello everyone,
      I want to say that this was the best GM experience I've ever had until now,and I thank Striker and everyone else for letting me stay in this team until the end. The truth is.. we've had a lot of arguments and fights in our team,and not only that,but with players aswell. And besides all of that, I had a lot of fun hosting events and interviewing and mentoring new GMs,I had the chance to meet and deal with different kinds of people,I did learn a lot of things while being here from everyone. I did my best for this server,because I saw potential in it,I wanted to give people a good time while playing this game,and I hope I did. Maybe some of you think that us,GMs,hated you or still do for minor things. But we didn't and we don't,at least,not me. I love everyone and there is no such thing as hating anyone for me,not here.
      I hope everyone had a good time playing this server and a lot of fun,because our team did our best to keep everything in order and perfect.
      I want to thank again,Striker,for being a good friend and for giving me the opportunity to be first of all,a GM here,and a part of this big family.
      I thank Maroon(VandRalaus) for trusting me all the time with my decisions,even when I was new here. I want to thank him for being a good boss,manager,for giving me the chance to be a Head Game Master and a Vice Manager,for being a good e-date and a really good friend,and for so many other things.
      I thank the GMs that I had to mentor for trusting me and for listening to me whenever I had anything to say.
      I want to thank the other GMs and ex GMs for being my good friends and because they were always there for me.
      And a huge thank you to the whole community and to our dev team for being here for us,helping us,and for literally everything.
      Good bye Nexus :c.
      40 paragrahps more sir